Connect with a Librarian
All FSU Libraries offer walk in reference services for our students, faculty, and staff. Our circulation and reference desks are staffed by trained information specialists or librarians who can help you with quick or more complex questions. Please see our Research Help page for more information about when our libraries are open and available to assist you.
What is an example of a peer reviewed journal?
General definitions of the kinds of articles written are:
Peer-reviewed: Articles reviewed by experts in that subject or field to ensure validity and reliability before publication. These articles should be used as sources for research papers.
Popular: articles written from a non-scholarly perspective, such as those in newpapers and magazines
- Another name for peer-reviewed is refereed
- The term periodical refers to any published work of articles. For example, a magazine is a popular periodical
Check out our video tutorial.
I just graduated/I am an alumni. Can I still use my FSU card to use the library?
If you are no longer registered for classes, you cannot use your FSU ID to check out materials. However, alumni and visitors are invited to conduct research inside the university libraries. Borrowing privileges for alumni and visitors can be obtained by purchasing a Community Borrowers Card.
How do I add money to my FSU Card?
- Online: Students can add funds using credit/debit cards via myFSU or Blackboard by clicking on the FSUCard tab. Parents/Guests may add funds to a student account by going to the FSUCash Guest Deposit Site.
- On-campus: PHIL stations using cash or credit/debit cards (located at the FSUCard Center, Dirac and Strozier libraries, and the College of Law, Alumni Village.) Effective May 1, 2016, PHIL stations will accept ONLY cash and will NOT accept credit/debit cards. To add funds using credit/debit cards, download the Blackboard Transact Mobile eAccounts app or visit fsucard.fsu.edu/eaccounts.
- In person at the FSUCard Center using cash or check.
To place cash on your card in The Strozier Library go to the first floor (or main floor) and see the ATM-looking machine with a big sign on it that reads "FSU CASH" next to the circulation desk.
Does Strozier have copy machines?
Strozier library has several color and black and white copiers and printers. To see the locations, or for instructions about how to use them with your laptop, go to https://www.lib.fsu.edu/printing-scanning-copying.
What time does Starbucks open in Strozier library?
Monday - Thursday: Open 24 hours
Friday: Open until 5:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am - 5:00pm
Sunday: 12pm - 24 hours
Come see the nation's first double-sided Starbucks! This full service features all of your favorites including frappucinos, hot breakfast, lunch items, and grab-n-go food.
See all Frequently Asked Questions...